30 March 2011

Baby photo touchup


Original (scanned)

Mother in law wanted me to see if I could fix this photo of her when she was a wee baby.  
It was fun!  I think it turned out well considering the crazy underexposed portion in the lower half.  There are probably ways to make this perfect, but I don't know them, hehe.  I learned a lot in the process of playing around tho.  

once I had the values correct I adjusted the exposure, and then used the dodge and multiply tools to touch it up.  The wall was fixed using the stamp tool, and the dust and scratches were taken out using the healing brush.  then sharpened the image in the final step.

19 March 2011

AvA gig poster

2nd Illustration project with Ben Wilson!

Ok, so I wasn't actually commissioned or asked to do a gig poster for the awesomeness that is 
Angels and Airwaves.  This was a project for my illustration class.  It was a lot of fun, and turned out a lot different than I had imagined it would from the thumbnails in my sketchbook.  That is both good and bad.  

As usual there are things I would add or take away once I saw how it looked printed.  But I'm pretty darn happy with it considering!