09 January 2012

lizard studies

I had an image in my head of a dragon about to overtake some knight or warrior.  A cliche idea, but it was in my head anyway, so I decided to do some sketches of a dragon head.  I want to draw from life as much as possible and since dragons aren't real I went to find pics of lizards.  here are a few quick ones before I leave for the day.  I'll have to get some more done because they were pretty fun.  ignore the foot.

the middle lizard head is squeezed way too narrow.  but it was a fun learning process.  Some of it made more sense to me because I had watched some videos of Feng Zhu and some of his insectoid paintings use similar spikes as this horned lizard does.  so watching him paint those help me understand some of the spines as they wrap around multiple surfaces.



No comments:

Post a Comment