07 March 2012

Sentinels

This is another project I'm working on in my Illustration class

Its a work in progress shot, so nothing super exciting yet.  working with perspective is SUPER time consuming, but fun.

Basically it is 2 sentinels carved from on-site rock structures that stand next to the path that leads to the castle.  the castle and path will be on a sheer cliff so the sentinels, or the rocks that they are carved from, reach far below.  I'm excited to start painting it


Updated 8 March:
A couple of process shots.  this is tougher than I thought.  Im trying not to be fussy, but I'm painting over the same stuff over and over because I don't know hot to treat this.  its a fun process, but...grrr.



Update 10 March
Im reworking the arms a bit because they were too long and less interesting.  now there is more overlap.
Ill have to figure out how to add some colors in to make this pop more.  


Updated 12 March

Im struggling with my brush strokes, and unsure how to paint it basically.  I worked on the castle.  I did it very loosely, as I wasn't sure if I would keep it.  It was basically an exploration of "materials".
I like the colors, but it just feels...bleh.


Updated 16 March


Updated 19 March


updated 31 March
I've done a bunch of work on this and some of it I like a lot and others I feel hopelessly bound to mistakes or inability.  I guess that is just part of the journey.  It is still a WIP.  here it is so far tho.







No comments:

Post a Comment