12 November 2012

Sargent study

I've been in the worst rut this semester.  I'm not going to complain about it here.  Anyway, after plenty of tantrums I decided to just sit and do some studies, and finished them up with a digital painting of one of John Singer Sargent's paintings "A Spanish Woman".

I couldn't dream of doing it justice, but for my own education it was a good exercise.  It really helped me understand color a lot, as it appears he did it in mainly 2 colors.  at least the digital image if his work was about 2 colors.

I took plenty of liberties, and started off with a different color for the background.  I like his background better, obviously.  gah.  now that it is up here in front of me Im seeing some really obvious issues!

it's just a study...



No comments:

Post a Comment